1. When Kate Winslet found out I had to be without clothes in front of Leonardo DiCaprio decided to break the ice, and could not think of better way to teach your bust at presentation (Is it true?).
2. Many fans say that Jack and Rose if fit in the door. The problem with the director James Cameron is that it could never support the weight of the two and would have sunk.
3. That door is inspired by a real object that survived the shipwreck, they made larger to incorporate into the film.
4. The old folks embracing all the way while the boat is flooded are Ida and Isador Straus, owners of the Macys store.
Ida was offered a place in a lifeboat but refused to take it saying, “As We Have lived, so will we die, together” (We will die as we have lived together).
5. In the final scene, when Jack is waiting for Rose, the clock strikes 2:20. The Titanic sank on April 15, 1912 at 2:20 am.
6. Removing the “current” scenes and initial and end credits, the film lasts two hours and forty minutes, which is the time it took the ship to sink completely. In addition, the crash scene the iceberg lasts 37 seconds, the same as in real life lasted.
7. When Rose attempts suicide, Jack describes the icy water as “being stabbed with knives thousands all over the body.” That’s a real description given by a survivor describing the icy waters of the North Atlantic.
8. The hand drawing Rose’s body is not that of Leonardo DiCaprio but director James Cameron.
9. James Cameron wrote the fictional characters of Rose DeWitt Bukater and Jack Dawson. It was not until after he discovered that yes there was a real Joseph Dawson. He was Irish, was born in 1888 and died aboard the Titanic.
10. Matthew McConaughey and Tom Cruise were about to be Jack Dawson. But James Cameron managed to convince the studio to stay with DiCaprio.
11. The scene in the lobby of the boat is flooded could only be done once only had an opportunity, as thousands of gallons of water would destroy the entire set and props and rebuild have been a problem of time and money.
12. The top 150 movie extras personally spoke with James Cameron.
13. The production of the film was much more expensive than the construction of the original ship. The final budget for the film was 200 million dollars, the construction of the ship was between 120 and 150 million.
14. James Cameron down many times to see the original Titanic, who spent more time on it than any passenger. So much so that he recorded a documentary about his dives called Ghosts of the Abyss. In fact, in a conversation he said the only reason I made the film was to have an excuse to go down to see the Titanic live and in full color.
15. It was the first time a film won the Oscar for best film being produced, written, directed and edited by a person.
16. The scenes of bodies and survivors after the sinking were recorded in a water tank of 1,324,894 liters. To give the appearance of hypothermia, they used talcum powder crystallized with water and put them wax on clothes and hair.
17. During the last night of filming in the province of Nova Scotia (Canada), someone (the date is not who knows) was added “angel dust” cast to food. More than fifty people were hospitalized. Even Bill Paxton had to stop working for two full weeks what the drug out of your system.
18. Leonardo DiCaprio improvised the famous phrase “I’m the king of the world”.
19. The main staircase of the film is a little bigger than the boat. This is because people in 1997 was slightly higher than in 1912, and the dimensions could do that did not look quite symmetrical.
20. Gloria Stuart was born in 1910, making it the only person in the production of the film was alive.
21. The first cut of the film lasted 36 hours.
22. Kate Winslet not use a special suit during movie recording, as a result, he gave pneumonia.
23. Rose This dress was designed to look good and wet and dry most of the scenes were taken in this small pool
24. All extras machine room were less than 1.55 to make the space look more impressive.
25. Initially, Cameron did not want to use any songs for the film. In addition, Celine Dion did not like the song the first time the composer James Hornan is taught. Her husband had to convince her to participate. My Heart Will Go On won the Oscar for best song.
26. It was the highest grossing film in movie history, grossing $ 2,185,372,302 Dollars. All claimed that DiCaprio would win the Oscar, but did not.