Homemade DIY hidden gun storage is very essential for protecting the weapon and the house as well. If you own a gun, it is very important to keep it safe and out of the reach of kids, or intruders. You just can’t keep your guns randomly in an open drawer, or a cupboard.
So, when it comes to keeping your guns at home, you should make proper planning on where you can make a safe for your gun. You may opt for a gun safe. However, in cases of emergency, you might find out so many difficulties to take out the gun from the safe.
Like, you have to enter the code to unlock the safe. Or you have to put your thumb or eye in case you have locked the safe with your biometrical details.
When you make hidden gun storage at your home, instead of a safe, you can access your firearms quickly. So, we have shared in this article some of the secret hidden gun storage ideas to protect your guns.
Let’s check them out below.
DIY Gun Storage Ideas Within Your Budget
So, have you ever tried to make hidden gun storage at home? Don’t you find out any ideas that fit your budget? Don’t worry! This article explains to you how to make Homemade DIY hidden gun storage.
It means the cabinets will look exactly like fancy furniture in your home. These ideas will impress your family members and friends as well.
Best Hidden Gun Storage Ideas
1. Use a Bookcase
A bookcase can be a perfect hiding place. When you have a bookcase with hidden gun storage, no one can ever imagine where you have hidden your firearms. You will need:
- A Box to Build: At first, you need to make a box to keep the books first. It must be the same height as the spine is so that it can’t overlap. Also, you need to ensure that your gun fits in the box. So, measurement is important.
- The Spines to Install: Before installing the spine, you need to measure the side on which the book spines go on. Now, you have to attach the book spines to the box. Make sure that the bookshelf looks natural.
2. Make A False Drawer- Perfect Concealment Bedroom Furniture
To make hidden gun storage at your home, false bottom drawer construction is one of the best ideas. Here is how you can make a false drawer for hidden gun storage. A false drawer can also be a perfect Homemade DIY hidden gun storage storage that you can make yourself at home.
- At first, you need to take a drawer and do the measurements so that the gun can fit in the drawer. Also, do not forget to measure the height of the gun to measure the height of the compartment.
- Take a piece of wood and cut it into 4 pieces. You need to ensure that the heights of the pieces are higher than the gun you have. Place the 4 pieces in every corner of the drawer.
- Now, you need to cut a false bottom from the wood. Make it thick.
- After you place the pieces in the drawer, you need to make a hole at the bottom of the drawer. Now, you may use a metal rod or an ink cartridge to open the drawer.
- Make sure that you keep small items in the drawer to make it look like normal furniture.
3. DIY Hidden Gun Storage Picture Frame- 5 Simple and Easy Steps
- At first, you need to launch 2 brackets in a frame of a picture. You can use a wide drill to cut the bracket. The cut must be deep enough.
- Now, you need to use the wall mounts and install two L-shaped hooks in the wall. It will support the weight of the riffle.
- After that, you need to install the motion detectors inside the frame of the picture. It will set an alarm whenever the hidden area is disturbed. You need to buy motion detectors in commercial stores like Walmart.
- Now, you need to keep the riffle in the frame of the picture. You need to make sure that the firearm is absolutely secured.
- Once you have made the hidden gun storage disguised as a picture frame, you need to place the picture frame in the proper place. Thus you can cover your weapon with the picture frame.
4. Hide Your Firearms behind a Wall Mirror- Free-Standing Gun Rack Plans
A wall mirror can be a perfect vertical gun rack for a closet. But, how can you make such hidden storage? Here are the steps.
- So, before installing the wall mirror, you need to build a hidden vertical rack where you can hide your guns. For that, you need to measure the wall and cut a rectangular shape inside it.
- You need to make sure that the rectangular shape is a little smaller than the wall mirror. It will help to cover the rack properly.
- Now, you need to cut a piece of wood according to the measurement of the rectangular shape.
- After that, you need to cut a small piece of wood, after you have measured the width of the vertical rack.
- Now, you need to install two L-shaped hooks in the wooden rack. It will help to support the weight of the riffle.
- Once you have done all these steps successfully, you need to place the riffle on the hooks that you have installed.
- Now, you need to place the wall mirror in front of the wooden rack. You may install it as a sliding door. Or you can place the mirror as a simple door.
Note: When you are using a wall mirror for hiding your gun, you can opt for using a DIY hidden gun shelf magnetic lock with the mirror for extra security.
5. Hide Your Gun under Your Bed
Are you looking for the under-bed gun storage DIY ideas? Well, I presume that a bed that includes a box under it can be ideal for hiding both the long riffles and small revolvers.
You just need to keep your guns and rifles in the proper place inside the box. Now, when you have placed the firearms properly, cover the weapon with rags, blankets, or bedsheets.
Now, after placing everything accordingly, you need to cover the box with the bedsheet. That is all you have to do. That is why it is the cheapest hidden gun storage idea that people love to use.
DIY Gun Magazine Storage Ideas
Do you want a safe place to store the gun magazines?
Well, gun magazines should be stored in the place where you store the gun or the riffle so that you can easily access it in an emergency situation.
So, if you are using a wall mirror, under-bed boxes, and bookshelf as hidden places for the guns, you need to store the gun magazines in the same places.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can we keep guns safe with homemade?
If you have one or more than one gun, you need to keep them very safe. You have to store your guns uncocked, unloaded, and keep them out of the reach of the kids. You can make DIY hidden storage at home for extra security. These hidden storages can be made on the wall, in the bookshelf, within the couch, and in other places at home. You can also make a false drawer under the table to keep the guns away from the intruders.
2. How to make a hidden self for the long gun?
You can select a full-length mirror to make a hidden shelf for a long gun. You just have to make a cabinet behind the mirror and then you can hide your long gun inside the cabinet. The best part is that you can get it with a minimalistic design. It will look like a piece of furniture for the home.
3. What can be the best place for a hidden gun safe?
The best place to hide a gun safe is in the garage of your home. If you want extra security, you can make a closet in the garage. Another safe place to make a hidden gun safe is your basement. Also, if you want to keep your gun close to you, you can make a closet in your bedroom.
4. Why should I hide my gun safe?
Making a gun safe is okay. The code will protect your weapon. But hiding the gun safe in your home can puzzle the intruders. So, a Homemade DIY hidden gun storage provides you with extra security.
To Sum It Up
Homemade gun storage is extremely useful to keep away intruders and put the weapon in a safe place. A gun is an extremely valuable weapon for someone.
These tricky gun storage ideas can provide you with a hidden place within your accessibility. So, don’t wait and use the ideas to make your own hidden gun storage.