Low water pressure in your house can be a headache for you and for your family members for sure. I can understand that. Low water pressure can immensely affect the quality of living in your house, everything from washing dishes to cleaning rooms, from showering to doing laundry will become very frustrating and irritating.
So, are you suffering from low water pressure even though the pipes are new? There are various possible reasons that can make the pressure of the water low. There is a possibility that even if your water s working, you can still face issues of low water pressure.
Don’t get stressed too much. Here, in this article I will share the ways by which you can increase the water pressure in your house. Read and find out.
How do I increase Water Pressure in my house?
Well, your guests are just about to arrive and the low water pressure has become the reason of frustration as you have to a lot of work before their arrival. No! Never let the low water pressure destroy your reputation as a host in front of your guests.
Trust me! If there is some minor problem, you can resolve the issue yourself and you can increase the water pressure by yourself.
Here are thing you should do to increase the water pressure.
- Talk to the Neighbours: Do contact your neighbours in order to check if they are having the same issue. If you find the same, it is probably because of the issue with the municipal water system of the city. Of course, those pipes too, just like your home pipes are subject to clog or leakage.
- Check your home water Pressure: Always test the city water pressure by yourself, before you call the local provider. You can check the water pressure by using a test gauge with a hose connection. Wondering how can you do that? Just screw the device into the hose and turn the tap on. If you find out that it’s actually the problem with city pipe connection, you may decide what you have to do further.
- Check and clear the clogs: In some of the cases, the pipe’s diameter decreases to the clog, thus preventing the water from free flowing. Sometimes, you may need to replace the pipe. After that, at least you can take care of the clogs by dissolving any minerals which are preventing the works in your faucet fixtures and shower heads.
- Change the regulator: several houses that run on public water have a regulator. It can be set up either at the service line enters the home, or at the meter. When there is an issue with regulator, the pressure gradually drops. In that case, you should change the regulator. You should better hire a plumber to get the work done.
- Find the leakages: Leak pipes can result in low water pressure. Now, if you are about to find out the damage, make sure that all your faucets indoor and out ate completely shut off. Then deactivate the water valve and write down the number that appears on the water meter. After two hours, read the meter again. If you see an increased number, that may be a sign of leakage pipe. Consult a professional in that case.
- Go for Water pressure booster pump: No wonder that your water supply forcefully travels uphill or over a great distance from the municipal water source and as a result, the water pressure may be hindered. In that sort of case, always consider installing a water pressure booster pump.
How to Clean Galvanized Pipe:
Are you metal pipes constantly exposed to moisture? No worries! Use galvanized pipes and free from any hassle. They are made of special zinc-oxide to prevent oxidation and minimize the damage to the pipe, created by the corrosive elements.
But then there comes the cleaning of the galvanized pipes. That will increase the life of the zinc-oxide coating. Now let me guess. You are thinking that cleaning those pipes is surely not in your hand.
No! It’s all easy. You can easily clean the galvanized pipes.
- You have to mix 1 gallon hot water, 1 cup vinegar and ¼ cup of dish soap in a bucket.
- Now dip a brush in the mixture and scrub the pipe in small circles.
- Wash off the pipe with warm water and then wipe it dry.
- You can use a lint- free rag to apply metal polish with small circular rotation.
- Let the polish dry and then just wipe it clean.
If you are following the steps, congrats! You are all set.
How to Unclog Galvanized Water Pipes:
Well, according to the plumbers, clogging in the galvanized pipes is the main reason of their frequent blockage. But you are lucky enough, as you yourself can unclog the galvanized pipes with some basic supplies and tools.
- Scoop out all the water that is stagnating in the toilet bowl, bathtub, or sink. If the tub or the sink has a stopper, just pull it out to access the drain opening.
- Pour some boiled water into the tub until it raises up to 2 inches. If the clog is in the galvanized sewer line which drains wastewater from the toilet, pour the water down the toilet bowl.
- Hold a plunger on with your hands and put it tightly over the sink or bathtub drain opening. Do the plunger upward and downward to push the water from the pipe.
- Continue the process until the dislodging of the clog from the pipe. Pour the boiled water into the drainage.
- If the water passes normally, then the clog is successfully cleared. If it isn’t, then go for the next step.
- Bring a chemical-based drain cleaner. Spout it down the affected area. You can use caustic soda or bauxite with the chemical. Do follow the instruction that comes with the chemical.
How do I Fix Low Water Pressure in My House: Fixing the pressure right:
Very simple! Just Read and follow to fix the low water pressure in your house:
- You should clean the clogs often which are made of mineral deposits.
- Change the regulator.
- Find out the leakage and fix them with professionals.
- Go for a water pressure booster pump.
How to Increase Water Pressure in a Pipe:
Yes! You’re on the right track. Low water pressure in the pipe is a real pain to the users. But never mind. There is definitely a quick and easy way to increase the water pressure in a pipe.
- First, adjust the pressure-reducing valve. You can find it on the main water-supply pipe.
- Then find a conical-shaped valve next to the water meter. That may be close to where the main water pipe enters the house.
- There is threaded bolt on the top of the valve. Loose the locking nut of the bolt. Turn the bolt clockwise.
- Now, use the pressure gauge in order to determine the proper water pressure in the pipe.
- Finally, tighten the locknut for security.
How can I Increase the Water Pressure in My House?
Here’s how you can increase the water pressure of your house:
- Test the water pressure and find out the flow rate.
- You can call the local water department if your home is connected to city water.
- Sometimes, simply adjusting the pressure-reducing valve can get the work done.
- You can install a water pressure booster for better results.
- Installing a heat pump will do the same.
Why is my water pressure so low?
Well, there can be a lot of causes for which the water pressure of your house becomes so low.
- Clogging can make the pressure low.
- Your main house shutoff valves may have some issues and aren’t open all the way.
- Maybe your pressure regulator is faulty.
- The corroded pipes may cause low water pressure.
- The pipes may have leakage.
Also remember that a faulty fixture can cause the low water pressure. Sometimes the issue is bigger, such as: your water supplier may experience an issue, or the city water supply has changed its regulations etc.
How to Increase Water Pressure in Bathroom Sink:
- Open the valve entirely. Find the shutoff valves feeding water to the bathroom sink faucet.
- Separate the aerator and clean it.
- Shut the water supply off.
- Turn out the sink shutoff valve.
- Determine what type of valve it is.
- Change the valve.
- Consult a plumber.
Low Water Pressure in My House:
Facing a low water pressure problem? Then the issue is commonly with your water supply pipes. Nevertheless, if it’s the issue with the plumbing fixtures, then you have to remove the aerators and find out if you need to clean them.
Loss of water pressure in house with well:
Do you have a well system water supply? If the answer is yes, you get chances to have a low water pressure. But there are various methods by which you can get rid of the loss of the water pressure with well.
Go through the steps thoroughly.
- Shut the circuit of the well-pump.
- Check the air fill valve with an air pressure gauge and see where the pressure lies.
- Increase the water pressure, if you find out that the water pressure is around 40 psi or below.
- Switch on the circuit and check out the water by opening a faucet.
- If needed, repeat the steps.
You can install a Constant Pressure System to increase the amount of water pressure, when the water supply is provided with a well-system. The local plumber will install it on the water line that enters your home and it will prevent water pressure from dropping.
How to Increase Water Pressure in Shower:
Dealing with a low Shower water pressure every day? Bad luck indeed! That may be of various reasons. But you can increase the water pressure in shower.
Have a look.
- Try to clean the dirt and sand out of the shower head, when you buy a shower pump.
- Serious about increasing the water pressure in shower? Well, you have buy a standard quality shower pump. The pump will automatically activated, when you turn on the shower.
- Installing a pressurized unvented shower pump can get the work done. But this process will require changing the entire plumbing system.
- Installing a power shower is also a good option.
- Fixing an independent electric shower with a cold water accumulator tank can also solve the issue.
How to Increase Water Pressure for Sprinklers:
No doubt that the low water pressure in sprinklers is a grumbling problem. Well, a little forethought and a small effort can resolve this issue.
- The water level must be at a higher elevation than any of the system.
- You should check the water pressure from the water line for the proper functioning.
- Adjusting the sprinkler heads can also get the work done easily.
- In order to increase the water pressure of sprinkler, take the head from the Riser out and rotate the top of the head anti-clockwise. You can see a filter. You just need to rinse it with clean water.
- If there’s a serious damage, you should replace the sprinkler heads.
Last but not least: Try to save water!
We are well aware of the fact that how nagging the low water pressure can be. I hope, this brief article will help you to maintain the watering system in your house. But always remember a thing. Water level is decreasing every day. So it’s necessity to keep in your mind that you must save water to save humanity, and, the world!